Find what you're looking for

Saturday 28 April 2012

Song Saturday #9: Star Field

Got the idea for this one, strangely enough, by looking up at the stars. It's written a bit in the style of Owl City, both musically and lyrically. Oh, and the sections are a bit weird - I have what I'm calling a post-chorus, which I certainly haven't seen before (though I just looked it up then, and it did show up, so obviously not unheard-of). Might be a little clichéd. Oh, and I wrote it in the middle of a Musicology tute this week, just casually. But I like it, hope you do too :)


Star Field

V1: / IV/ I / V//
I look into the sky, and I see
A hundred million stars, winking back at me
All perfectly arranged in their own ways
Something I'll never understand through all my happy days

Chorus: / I / V/ IV//
Soaring through this field of stars
Wondering where in this field you are
I could search for an infinity
Without you being any closer to me

Post-Chorus: / IV/ vi / V/ ii /
My friend
My friend

V2:
I look into the sky, and I know
You're up there, somewhere, so away I'll go
My feet leave the ground, cause I don't need it any more
Why run around, when you can see I soar

Pre-Chorus: (x2) / IV/ V/ vi //
Free
I soar free

Chorus

Bridge: / V/ vi IV/
Wandering round with my eyes peeled
In you I know I will be healed
To you only I will yield
Does this field

Pre-Chorus:
Ever end
It never ends
Free, I soar free (x2)

Chorus x2 + Post-Chorus x2

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, tell me what you think. I'm not psychic, and I want to know :)