Find what you're looking for

Saturday 24 November 2012

Multi-faceted.

I've mentioned before that I'm quite complex; there's a lot to my personality. Sometimes it feels a bit like the Yu-Gi-Oh! episode where his two personalities are shown as two realms - one like a child's bedroom, the other an Escherian realm of sorts.

But I had the idea, at one point, of writing a book which had a short story based around each aspect of my personality; each route I could take. I came up with 31 different options that were completely viable and unique, straight off the top of my head. I'm already thinking of more. And each of them, really, could be a book in themselves. A million possible futures.

Of course, if you believe the 'many worlds' theory, then all of them will occur in different tangential timestreams or some such. Every single possibility accounted for. So, in some possible world out there, maybe I'd even be married by now. I've got some friends that are, or that got married when they were younger than I am now. So if that theory's right, then there'd be a few of those.

It's an interesting idea. But not one I plan to pursue. I like to live in what actually is, not in a million and one "what if?"s. Otherwise, I'd never make it through the day. The possibilities and opportunities in this world, and what I have, are already enough to swamp me many times over. God is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, tell me what you think. I'm not psychic, and I want to know :)