Find what you're looking for

Thursday 1 January 2015

....And The Start Of 2015.

Well. Again I'm doing this slightly in advance - I think that when this goes up I'll probably be sleeping, after just getting home from seeing a sunrise. I'm going with a few friends of mine from church to a really nice spot that should give us a great view of the first sunrise of 2015 :)

Sunrises are a bit special for me. Most people really like sunsets - and I like them too - but you see them every day. Most people don't see the sunrise. That's one thing that makes it special. I've also had some really great moments watching the sunrise come up over the water (one of the advantages of living in a spot where the coast is to the east), so that's another thing. And it also really symbolises to me a new start, a fresh hope, the beginning of something amazing and incredible.

And that leads me into this year.

This year, I think God is setting me a bit of a challenge. Well, a lot of a challenge, really. Last year - 2014 - has been a fair amount of me learning more about who I am and who God is, and making that transition from head to heart. There will still be more of that, I'm sure, but there was quite an intense period of that this last year.

But this coming year, I think he wants me to go from heart to hands. There's been a whole bunch of things - from what people have been saying, from what I've been reading, from things that have been happening - that have really been pointing clearly to God saying, "Okay, so you've learned a lot. Now, what are you going to do with it?" As a friend put it nicely recently, he's calling me out on an adventure. And no, I don't know exactly what it looks like. In fact, most of it I don't know. At the moment, work is up in the air; I've had an idea for a ministry, but I don't know if it's going to work; and there are a lot of other things that have been shaken around recently, that have left a fairly big question mark over 2015 and what it holds for me.

What I do know, though, is that he wants me to start doing something. He wants me to be active. He wants me to be living. He wants me to go on this adventure with him, and take risks; take leaps of faith, and not be sure where I'm going to end up. To not always have everything planned out in my head beforehand. (Because even when I do, he seems to still surprise me.)

And it's easy for me to write this. It really is, writing is quite easy. But living it - that's going to be a lot harder. And therein lies the challenge. Thankfully, I've got some pretty awesome people around me that seem to be good at giving me an idea of what to do. Also reading a fantastic book at the moment called Love Does (look it up if you don't know it) that's giving me a fair bit of insight and inspiration. And God's with me.

So, life? Look out. I'm coming.

;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, tell me what you think. I'm not psychic, and I want to know :)