Find what you're looking for

Tuesday 4 October 2016

Writings From Beyond #4 - Click And Swoop

The second thing we did in the second workshop was about tying an abstract idea to something concrete - the latter being an animal. Cameron did a whole book of these in The Zoo In You. My immediate idea was this one here, and I'm quite happy with how it turned out. Hope you enjoy :)

Click And Swoop
I glance over the terrifying drop.
Suddenly, I hear a swoop and a click near my ear -
A magpie has made it clear that I shouldn't be here.
I'm in amongst a group I don't really know.
I see a magpie - and I duck my head down;
Perhaps he won't see me if I can't see him now.
I walk up to her door, I raise my hand to knock -
Was that a magpie? I don't wait to find out.
I run back down the path - it would have hit me, I don't doubt.
Fear is a magpie.
And if you let it have control, 
Pretty soon you can't get anywhere
Near his tree, when the magpie is on patrol.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, tell me what you think. I'm not psychic, and I want to know :)