Find what you're looking for

Tuesday 22 November 2011

Discrepancies re-reprise.

Today, I performed that song that I admittedly ranted about a little earlier. You know, that one that I said was a mismatch, because it was an angry sort of song, and I'm really not an angry sort of person?

To say it went very well would be an understatement.

It went ridiculously, astronomically well. I loved it. The band was amazing, the crowd loved it, I was moving around and stuff, it was great :D I was really, really happy with how me and the rest of the guys played, my voice didn't play up (which I was worried about, because it doesn't like sitting up on that F), and I managed to hold the long note at the end for as long as I wanted to.

Why the change of heart? Well, it's fairly simple - before, I was focussing on the negative aspects I saw in the song. Anger. Difference. Now, I focus more on the positive - I changed the emphasis a bit, made it so it was more making fun of itself, having a bit of a laugh. Saying something more along the lines of, "Yeah, this is me. Can you deal with that?" rather than "This is me, and I don't %$#^in care what you think."

So yeah, I enjoyed myself a lot. :D Did someone say encore? XD

For those who do know me a bit and saw me today, and are thinking "What the...what the what? WHA? Huh?" Etc ad nauseam, yes, that was me. Why, then, am I more shy and such a lot of the time? Think I've got a few dozen posts on that amidst the clutter in this blog...suffice it to say, I love doing what I did today. Just give me an opportunity, and I'm gunning for it. Problem is, of course, that frequently you have to create your own ones....that's where I'm not so fantastic. So, yeah, that's me.

Two quick sides: firstly, thought of possibly doing my own sort of "I Am" song. Very different style, OK, perhaps a bit more laid-back. We'll see how that goes.
And for those who are more regularly looking at this blog and are wondering where yesterday and today's songs are in the series - I've got the ideas, I just need to get them down. If you don't believe me, they're "Four Squared" and "Fiver".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, tell me what you think. I'm not psychic, and I want to know :)