Find what you're looking for

Sunday 6 November 2011

New/different.

A good friend of mine took me out today to get some new clothes. And not so much what I usually wear, the cargo pants + whatever shirt + jumper/jacket thing. (Personally, how I make the distinction is that a jacket has a zipper, a jumper does not. But meh.) But more towards ""style", if you will. Not "trendy", because they go in and out of fashion like a dolphin in the waves. But, as they say, style never goes out of fashion.

I should probably mention here that what we got wasn't so much of a discussion between me and them. It was more of a "Try this. No, go try it. That looks good! Get it. Oh, and if I don't see you wearing it..." Well, somewhat like that. But it was good for me, I think. Kinda what I needed :P

So first we got a couple of shirts. Didn't matter that they had stuff on them, we got them anyway. Generally, I prefer them as plain as I can get them - but they said it's almost definitely going to have something on it these days, so it may as well be something you like. Then we got jeans. Those of you who have known me for a while may recall that they actually don't recall me wearing jeans. That's because I don't. Basically. I've been pretty anti-jeans. I haven't liked denim, and I've always found the buttons annoying to do up. But we got jeans. And the buttons were hard to do up. I hope that they wear in a fair bit, because at the moment, I actually can't get my hands in my pockets. Unless my phone's in there keeping them open.

Then we got some shoes. They somehow managed to grab a pair that were basically a perfect fit, they were pretty surprised by it themselves. Then we looked for a jacket. They were talking about how you don't look for a jacket, you find, your jacket, and how we probably wouldn't find anything today, but I may as well try a few on, how about you try this one, I don't think it'll work bu....Oh. Wow, that looks good. Mirror. Miror! It did look good. But it also looked very different, I have to say. I have no doubt a few people will be fairly surprised. Then I got a haircut. The result...new/different. I'll probably put the necessary Before/After shots on FB. Mozart's probably going to wonder where Brendan vanished off to, and if I'm going to start riding a motorbike and gelling my hair or something... :P In short, no.

But the idea wasn't so much to just get a new set of threads. (Though them's some pretty decent threads.) But it's almost a bit of an attitude thing. It's not that your clothes change your personality; but I guess when you start paying a bit of attention to the way you look - actually wanting to look half-decent, that sort of thing - I guess it brings about a bit of confidence. Which is good. (Generally speaking.)

I would've had this up yesterday (which was when we went) but work happened, and in spades. Five and a half hour shift, no break. Which also meant no dinner. :P Least the first year apprentice gave me a few chips, so I was alright. Just very tired when I got back home. And now I'm on again for lunch today...which is apparently the busiest of the lot. Oh, great. I'm guessing that the song for today will have something to do with endurance... :P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, tell me what you think. I'm not psychic, and I want to know :)