Find what you're looking for

Saturday 9 June 2012

I Feel....Good!

I am currently grinning like a Cheshire cat. Why? Because something I did worked, and it worked really well.

My Dad and my sister are having their combined parties tomorrow (50th and 18th), and Mum was doing a Powerpoint for them. So I said I'd do the music for it, because I've got a program that I can do that in really easily. Dad just wanted two CD tracks, and that was it. *yawn* But that was what he wanted, so I did that.

But my sister's...I went to town on, I think is the appropriate expression. Each of the slideshows are almost exactly the same length, at about 7:15 each. Dad's has 2 songs, and one doesn't finish. My sister's....has 16 different tracks, all coming in at specific points, mostly related to specific slides. Fading in, fading out, the whole kit and kaboodle. I thought it was pretty cool. I mean, it wasn't quite as good as a professional job, sure. Some of the fades could have been a touch better, and I had one bit that repeated that was a bit obvious (had to fill a small gap, and stretching it sounded....blergh), but it was fairly good for one afternoon's work. Synced it up to the Powerpoint, didn't watch it though, didn't have the time. Mentioned to Mum that I'd done it, said I hadn't checked it, so she might want to do that.

She came in ten minutes back and was raving about it. She said it was amazing, it made her laugh, made her cry - and she made the Powerpoint, so she's had to watch it a million times already! So yeah. Hence why I'm grinning like a Cheshire cat.

They're going to love it tomorrow :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, tell me what you think. I'm not psychic, and I want to know :)