Find what you're looking for

Friday 10 August 2012

Rubbish.

There seems to be a trend amongst argumenteurs of calling the opposing side's argument 'rubbish'.

*sigh*

This does nothing for you. It tells me that, no matter how well constructed your argument is, or how much time, research and thought you've put into it, regardless of whether I agree with you or not - I can instantly tell that, at least 90% of the time, you really haven't put any thought in to why this argument that you have denounced as 'rubbish' says what it does, the thought that they've put into it.

A little bit of empathy, please. It goes a long way. Everything begets itself. Start throwing rubbish around, you get more of it. A bit of understanding, compassion, and love - and it gets pretty amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, tell me what you think. I'm not psychic, and I want to know :)