Find what you're looking for

Thursday 6 March 2014

Production and Distraction.

I tend to spend a lot of time watching things. I watch a lot of movies on my laptop (DVDs that we own, as an aside), download a lot of TV shows from iTunes or catch up with them on the respective channel's websites, and spend a fair bit of time playing video games. I can easily have a whole day disappear on any of those.

And it's good to have that sort of stuff sometimes, particularly if you need a bit of a pick-me-up - a good old Disney movie can be just the ticket. But at the same time, it can very easily distract you from the mountain of other things that you could be doing, and being actually somewhat productive with.

So, my church does Lent each year. 40 days leading up to Easter. (They don't count weekends, for some reason. Jewish thing, just how it works.) And the idea is, you have something that you give up for that time, and you use that time you give up to focus back on God, ideally.

And God was giving me a bit of a prod about giving up this stuff for Lent. Which I honestly hadn't really given much thought to. But now, I have much time on my hands. I still have many things to do with said time, but I'm actually doing things with it now. Which is cool!

As one of those things, I think I'm going to try and do another posting series up on here. If people have any ideas about one I could do - whether it be another A to Z, or thematic to something, or whatever, suggest as such in the comments below. And hopefully, I'll get that going in the next few days or so :)

Quick aside: for those interested, I've started doing livestream shows/gigs every so often on a website called StageIt. Insofar, I've done two shows, the first with no-one there, the second with two people. And two people I didn't know! Which was cool. But I'm hoping to build up a few more there, which would be nice. And there is the potential to get actual monies from that, which is cool as well. So if you're interested in that, head over to www.stageit.com and search for Brendan James Raymond. For people that see this in time, I'm actually doing a show at 11am today (the 6/3), AEST. In two hoursish. Yep.

And, pretty much straight after, I'm watching one of my inspirations, and someone who's really helped define my music do a livestream show - Brendan James :D Yes, I may have found him by typing my name into Google.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, tell me what you think. I'm not psychic, and I want to know :)