Find what you're looking for

Saturday 24 March 2012

Song Saturday #6: The Chair

Yeah, I didn't get an interview up on Monday. And I didn't get a review up on Thursday. Sheesh, I'm really slacking off. But I do have a song for you guys today. Woot! OK, celebration over. :P Oh, and apparently, I'm getting slightly better at communication/starting. Was at the Camden Show tonight, and said hi to random girl. She was looking a bit lonely/cold. Twas windy. And she'd been there the whole day. (Was at one of the stalls.) Didn't really have much of a conversation. More of a jerky-me-asking-a-few-questions then standing-there-awkwardly. But, I think that's some sort of record for me. Woot!

Anyway. Song. This one is written as part of a performance project I'm doing. Bit of a metaphorical thing and such. I give you....The Chair.


The Chair

The chair.......The chair......
We're all sitting in our own chairs
We all have our own bruises
We all have things stopping us
From seeing, from talking, from doing
What's going to stop you

In your chair.........In your chair.......
You're all sitting in your own chairs
You all have your own bruises
You all have things stopping you
From seeing, from talking, from doing
What's going to stop you

In your chairs.........In your chairs.......

Stand up, stand up, stand up

From your chairs, from your chairs
Take off your blindfolds, take off your gags
Let's break these ties

Of course, some of us can't get out of our chairs
Some aren't strong enough to leave
So we live with it as best we can
Look to the future for fast reprieve

From our chairs........From our chairs........

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, tell me what you think. I'm not psychic, and I want to know :)