Find what you're looking for

Thursday 1 March 2012

Still hasn't set in....

In about 24 hours or less, I'm going to be performing on Australia's Got Talent. It's only just starting to sink in, and it's feeling so weird. Like, really weird. And, who knows. If this actually goes somewhere, and I get through, people could know about me. And try and add me on Facebook, and Youtube, and Twitter, and.....yeah. Some possibilities I'm not so looking forward to.

However, some I am. If this works, it may open up opportunities for me as a performer. Which would be fantastic. Though I'm still not sure in some senses what I'd want to do. Do I want to be part of a band? Do I want it to be me + band? Do I want to be doing funny stuff all the time? Do I want to be doing Christian stuff? Serious stuff? The lot?

And then a more difficult question - what about money?
Part of me says that I don't want people paying me for doing what I love doing. Particularly not since so many charge exorbitant prices to see them.
Another part of me says that I'd love to be able to do just music, and I wouldn't be able to do that if I go completely for free. I could try going off donations, but also doubtful that would work. Possibly say that you pay for some things and not others - like concerts are free, but you have to pay for merchandise.

I just don't know. It's a bit....of a pickle, I guess. The musician's dilemma. Probably won't figure it out any time soon. Probably not before I need to. Usually how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, tell me what you think. I'm not psychic, and I want to know :)