Find what you're looking for

Saturday 10 March 2012

Asperger's + What's My Name?

There's a fair bit of lead-up to this song, which is kind of important. So thought I might go into that a bit.

Basically - hmmm. How to go about this. Well, to put it shortly, turns out I have Asperger's Syndrome. I'm cool with it, I'm not going to blow up, it's all good. And I only figured it out today. Can't really give any more details at the moment, sorry. Oh, and apparently I'm a "soft Aspie" (Aspie being a short/nice/affectionate/cool term for people with Asperger's), which is supposed to mean that girls will really like me.

.....Well, so far, nothing happening there. Anyway. It's been really great knowing that - because I've always known that there was something different about me, but I never knew what it was. So this has been really great. So I decided to do this song about that. Yeah, I had a bit of fun with it at the end. ;)


What's My Name

V1:
I'm sitting off to the side a little
Prefer it a fair bit to the middle
Though I wouldn't mind a little bit sometimes
Just cause I seem a bit more mind than heart
Doesn't mean that it's torn apart
It's still there, just hidden a bit deeper

Pre-Chorus:
Could someone please tell me
Could someone please show me

Chorus:
What's my name
What's this game I'm playing
I know I'm not like them, but I'm not sure what is me
What's my name
I'm not the same, I know this
How can you know who you are
If you don't know your name

V2:
I might be a little behind the others
When it comes to some sports, or making "blood brothers"
But I know in other ways I seem so ahead
And the other guys seemed to change before me
That strange old thing called puberty
Especially when my voice didn't break for a while

Pre-Chorus + Chorus

Bridge:

I'm aspie and that's OK, and I'm OK cause I'm aspie,
And that's cool, cool, cool, cool, yeah!

Final Chorus:
That's my name
That's this game I'm playing
I know I'm not like them, that's cool, this is me
That's my name
I'm not the same, I know this
Now I really know who I am
Because I know my name

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, tell me what you think. I'm not psychic, and I want to know :)