Find what you're looking for

Wednesday 20 July 2011

Confusing myself...

Generally, I'm pretty good at figuring out stuff. And it's usually pretty hard to get me confused. However, this situation that I thought up today had me pretty baffled as to what the heck I would do... I'll see if you guys can make head or tail of it...

Firstly, person A and person B are friends. Let's say you're person A, randomly walking along, some sort of portal/transportation/whatever thing happens and you find yourself in the body of person B. However, their mind is still in there, and they can still control their body as well. You can both hear each other's thoughts. Added to this - not only have you gone across space, but also time. Person B is actually one year ahead from the when that you came from.
Not finished yet. The same thing happens with the person B from your time and you from the one year ahead time. And then you and person B are both in a room, about to have a conversation.
So there's actually four people in the room - you and person B from your time, and you and person B from one year ahead. You'll have no idea which one is talking when future you/person B talks, and person B will have similar difficulties with you/future person B.

Err... what the heck do you do? You could ask questions about your future/their past, but may end up with an Oedipan dilemma (that is, if it didn't cause some sort of space-time fabric tearing that makes the universe explode or something); you could just attempt to ignore the situation altogether, but it would be missing a unique opportunity. Argh!

(Oh, and by the way, Mozart, this is what I was meaning when I said the hypotheticals I think about I usually don't think will come to pass. This is one of my more elaborate, but the majority of others are fairly similarly unlikely.)

Oh, and sorry for the late post, and the headache that this may have caused.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, tell me what you think. I'm not psychic, and I want to know :)