Find what you're looking for

Tuesday 12 July 2011

Gaming!

I do a fair bit of gaming here and there. Not as much as some people do, but a bit. I'm mainly a PC gamer, for a couple of different reasons; firstly, because of cash, which is in short supply; and secondly, because of privacy, which is easier on a PC when you can just plug the headphones in and go for your life.

The main types of games I play areeither RPGs or FPSs. I like RPGs more, but multis are better as FPSs, I generally find. So I do a fair bit of both.

The main RPG I'm doing at the moment is Mass Effect. Yes, it's a bit old by now, but I'm a bit of a completionist when it comes to these games. I only got it recently-ish, went through it once, and didn't realise you couldn't do the side missions after you finished. So I'm going back and doing all of those, because when you transfer the character to the second game, all of it effects the gameplay, apparently, which I'm really interested in. I like having a good level of immersion in the game.

The main FPS I'm doing - which I've really just started - is APB. Decent game, but hard to start getting decent at it. Started doing it because a couple of friends were, so was cool to play with them and stuff. If you're interested the guy (who does the Zombie Arcade, one of those on my links page) does a live stream - most nights - and does a fair bit of APB with another friend of mine (who does Theality Bites, another one of those on my links page). Here is the link. It is restricted to 18+, cause he does swear a bit and such, but I don't think I've got any readers that that would be a problem with.

That's it for today. Nothing really insightful, but there you go. Sometimes it's cool to just have fun for a bit without needing to think too much about the whys and wherefors.

3 comments:

  1. Ooh. I game every now and then. Mostly FPS and RTS games. I tend to go through fazes where I'll dig out a WWII game and vent. I just finished this game: http://neutralxe.net/esc/sphere_play.html

    It's an escape game, and is bloody hard and complicated. Give it a go, I'm sure it'll take you 10 minutes :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, the RTS. I've played a fair few of them, but was never very good at them. Escape games I'm even worse at, I'm afraid :p I've never been able to finish one without looking up the answers. Cheating, I know, but I like to see how it plays out and ends. I'll have a go at it, though, and get back to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, definitely. If I can't figure something, looking at how someone else did it is worth it just to see how it finishes :D

    ReplyDelete

Please, tell me what you think. I'm not psychic, and I want to know :)