Find what you're looking for

Thursday 7 July 2011

Godly humour.

I've had the idea for a fair while that God has a great sense of humour. In some ways, I believe that's fairly obvious. like I said in my "Randomified" page, he put a race of beings with no claws, sharp teeth, spines, disguise mechanisms, great speed, size, tough skin, outer shell/exoskeleton, or wings in charge of many different creatures who did. I know he goes for the whole "first will be last, last will be first" kinda thing, but that's just ludicrous. How on earth did we manage to survive early on? You put a human, without anything else, against any kind of aggressive animal - generally speaking, the animal will win. Unless they're extremely small, in which case maybe a swarm.

Also, I've had a fair few times when I've been looking for someone/something for ages, given up, and then one second later I see it, or they walk right past me. And it always makes me think that God's laughing up there in Heaven, saying, "You could've just asked!" or something to that effect.

There's more examples I've thought of before - many people talk about the platypus or the kangaroo, which seem to be faunal mash-ups - but I've either forgotten them, or they're a bit too specific to post up here at the moment. Also, only just remembered what I had originally planned to do for this post :P But that's cool, can save it for next time.

If anyone else has examples, would be great to hear.

1 comment:

  1. Hahahaha. Good point! In the Garden of Eden, everything was fine. The moment disobedience happens, God's creation actively seems to want to destroy us :P We are a pretty week link, the only thing we can do is try to defeat it…and who really wins? :P

    ReplyDelete

Please, tell me what you think. I'm not psychic, and I want to know :)