Find what you're looking for

Monday 9 January 2012

G flat and F sharp.

If you're not musical, by the way, those two are the same note. Effectively. Same key on the piano, that sort of thing.

But some people will tell you that they are very different. That Gb "feels" different to F#. That one is warmer, and the other is brighter. And then some people get in to different colours for keys and such. Right....

Might I suggest, that it would simply be the way you're playing it? Perhaps?

To me, the only difference is that one is more annoying than the other in terms of how it looks. You can get double flats and stuff. And then it gets annoying. So I just generally go with the easier ones.

As such, these are my preferences of the ones that can be pronounced two different ways:
C sharp/D flat
D sharp/E flat
F sharp/G flat
G sharp/A flat
A sharp/B flat

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, tell me what you think. I'm not psychic, and I want to know :)