Find what you're looking for

Saturday 29 October 2011

Idealist.

I'm a bit of an idealist, I've found. I tend to think and believe the best of people, and of things.

I've often thought, for example, of opening a shop where all the prices are rounded down to the closest $5 mark (up to $50 or something), then to the closest $10, $20 etc. And then halved. Just because I think there should be a shop that does that.

Or a restaurant where you pay what you think the meal is worth. I believe that's actually been done a couple of times; I love the idea.

The problem is, of course, is that rationalism and realism kick in. I know that, generally speaking, people have a lot of bad things about them that I don't know about. And that I probably wouldn't be too fond of said things.

But we're all like that. I'm like that. It'd be silly of me to hate people just for the worst of them. Like I've often said/thought/wrote/whatever: one rotten apple doesn't spoil the bunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, tell me what you think. I'm not psychic, and I want to know :)