Find what you're looking for

Saturday 17 December 2011

Little Language Habits + Christmas.

I've picked up a few bits of language from various people here and there. Some of them are more sayings, some more ways of saying things. For example, I've picked up "I'm OK with this. *grin*" from one friend. Slipping a bit of German in and "Annoyink" from another. And from another, speaking in a weird roundabout way the entire, along with menergy. :P Don't use it that much, don't worry.

But I find it interesting how I'll adopt some of these habits into my own speech - and not just when I'm with them (though it's certainly more frequent on that occasion). It does seem quite strange, but there you go.


On another note, Christmas is nearly here. A week and a day, my goodness... and still so much Christmas shopping to do. With the absence of money that I have. :P

People often mention that Christmas seems to "sneak up" on them. I think part of the reason for that may be because the shops get us into holiday mode so early. They start doing it in November, for goodness sake. Funnily enough, I saw a bus with tinsel and a Christmas hatted driver the other week. You do wonder how extensive these decorations and things are going to get...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, tell me what you think. I'm not psychic, and I want to know :)