Find what you're looking for

Thursday 4 August 2011

A difficult choice...

One question that I've always found interesting to wonder about is this: if there was no way to regain either of them - even a little - which would be worse: losing your sight, or your hearing?

Most people, I'd guess, would pick sight. Which is fair enough. Kinda important for getting around and such.

But I see it more this way - which would be worse: not seeing your friend's/family's faces ever again, or not hearing their voices ever again? For me, it would be the second. Voices are a crucial method of communication, and also part of a person's identity. People's faces can change over time, but their voice will stay fairly similar. Perhaps a little more raspy or something, I dunno. But I'd honestly prefer to be blind to being deaf. Perhaps that's just me being a muso as well. Is there anyone else out there who thinks along the same lines, or am I alone out here?

Also, I'm going to be in Perth for the next few days, so not sure whether the Saturday/Sunday posts will make it. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, tell me what you think. I'm not psychic, and I want to know :)