Find what you're looking for

Thursday 25 August 2011

L for Lazy.

Laziness is something I've got a bit of a problem with. I'm not too good with it.

Yesterday was Wednesday, which is the day I usually do my catalogue distribution. I split my round up into five runs, based on how much I can carry at a time and how it naturally plays out. This week I got a lot more stuff, so they were thicker piles, and I couldn't carry as many. So I had to split each run into two smaller runs. I also had samples, which are an extra run. One run usually takes me about 50 minutes - this time it was taking me 1 hour and 20 minutes, about half an hour longer. So I was pretty annoyed.

Then sometimes the piles just weren't fitting in the letterboxes. By then, I was just too annoyed/fed up with it. Catalogue distribution is a shit enough job as is, one I'll hopefully be leaving ASAP.

So I started just putting the piles on the ground. I was lazy. Thankfully, it was neither windy nor wet, so the piles more or less stayed put and didn't make too much of a mess. But when I was part way through my 4th run (out of 5), a guy came up and stopped me, said for me to put them in the holes/slots/whatever, and he wasn't too happy. Asked me who I worked for, said he was going to make a complaint, and they'd better be back in their holes/slots/whatever next time round.

Well, I did start putting them in the holes again, though some of them needed some pretty darn good coercing. But the guy did make a complaint as well, so I got a ring from my boss, I guess you could call him. Head for this greater area, whatever. Just told him the piles not fitting bit. Hopefully I don't get fired before I can find another job.

I'm not too happy with what I did. It's pretty inconsequential, but I'm still quite annoyed at myself. Now very much hoping I can find another job very, very soon, or I don't know how I'm going to keep doing this damn job...

M tomorrow, and then I'll be half-way through. Oh, and I think I get to 100 posts at some point during this thing. If anyone has any cool ideas for that, that'd be cool. Cool ideas are cool. :P

5 comments:

  1. Probably my favourite post of all time! :D It shows just how human you really are :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, yes. Thought that as well. Both a good thing and a bad thing, I guess. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, it's definitely a good thing. As Mike said to me today: "[Mozart] you're different. You're a Christian who is in touch with reality."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aye. But also bad thing as in the very nature of being human is that we are fallible and imperfect, so in that sense.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, you can't beat the inevitable. :P Just go with it.

    ReplyDelete

Please, tell me what you think. I'm not psychic, and I want to know :)