Find what you're looking for

Saturday 20 August 2011

G for Girls.

Or women, as the case may be.

I know I have at least one female viewer who will quite possibly read this, so I'll attempt not to say anything that might get me into trouble...not that I ever plan to, of course. :P

I was a bit of a late bloomer, I guess you could say, in a lot of ways. Partly because I both started school young and skipped a year, which is why I'm only 18 and yet in my second year of uni. As such, voice breaking, growth spurt - didn't really start happening until about year 9 for me. And it was similar with girls - I didn't really start to get interested until around then.

But year 9 was a long time ago; 5 years back. And yet - as those who actually know this have frequently been surprised to find - still no girlfriend. Why is that? Well, probably because of a couple of different things. Partly because I am extremely socially awkward, and a massive introvert, as I've discussed before; but mainly, I think, because of choice. I've had opportunity - if I wanted it, I probably could have had a girlfriend by now. (Though that's really just a guess. Can never really know with What Ifs.) I've just chosen to wait.

I'm probably a bit idealistic in that sense, waiting around for the right person. But I don't think that's so much of a bad thing. It can be hard, waiting - but then I know so many who go in and out of relationships like a duck in water; and I think I've made the right choice. Even if it isn't a terribly realistic one.

Whew. There you go. A look at part of me I don't usually put on display. H for History, is what I'm thinking for tomorrow.

1 comment:

Please, tell me what you think. I'm not psychic, and I want to know :)