Find what you're looking for

Wednesday 24 August 2011

K for Knowledge.

Some say that knowledge is power. Others say that no news is good news. Slight conflict there.

As I've said before, I think that flexibility is always a better way to go than generality, if that makes sense. So either can work in different situations. But I should probably expand on those, or that's kind of a let down...

Instances where knowledge is power can seem quite obvious. In a hostage situation, for example, you're only valuable as long as you have knowledge that is valuable. But most people won't have that happen, so something a bit more common, perhaps...
In our academic world, every job you go for, they take a look at your knowledge, and you demonstrate that through experience. Knowledge is power. The more knowledge you have, and the better you can show that, then you have power.

But in some cases, it's better not to know. Generally, that's when it's something bad. For example, in a job again, a lot of the time you don't want feedback, because you'll often anticipate bad news. Similarly, if someone's doing something, and they've said they'll contact you if there's a problem, you don't want to be contacted. No news is good news.

L tomorrow. I'll figure it out between now and then.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, tell me what you think. I'm not psychic, and I want to know :)