Find what you're looking for

Wednesday 30 December 2015

Day 21 - Chrematophile (Treasure)

And we've reached Day Twenty One! Today, a song about a real idol - money. Money, money, money.... Very much using a couple of Jesus' teachings on the subject, because he did talk about it a bit. Particularly if you look in Matthew, because he was originally a tax collector (also by the name of Levi). Pretty happy with it. Oh, and the title means someone who loves money. Because I'm having fun with my titles. I'll probably never use half of these again, so I can call them what I like! Lyrics below, video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3WChIeQOkw

Chrematophile (Treasure)

V1: / vi / I / IV / IV ii / x4
You can buy me something if you like
But I’ll always find something better
You know I’m going to follow the latest
Trends to the letter
What’s in, what’s out, what’s new and fresh
Honey, that dress is just divine
You might call me a materialist
But can’t deny I’m looking fine

T: / vi / IV / x2
Where’s your heart
Where’s your heart

V2:
I’m making my way in the business world
Doing the corporate climb
You’re going to have to wait if you want to talk to me
You'd better not waste my time
I’m making the big calls, making the big bucks,
And I do it well
You say I care more about my job than people
But I care about them if they know how to sell

C: / vi / V / IV / ii / x4 /
Where your treasure is
There’s your heart
Do you put it into something eternal
Or something that breaks apart
You can’t serve two masters
So is it God or Money?
You might be smiling now
But it ain’t funny
So tell me
Where’s your heart
Where’s your heart

V3:
Always living above your means
But that’s the magic of credit
And if you want to spoil yourself
Then you might as well get it
Don’t worry about the price tag
Just living life to the full
But now you’re a slave to the bankers
Why’d you have to be such a fool

C

B: / vi // ii // x4
Money should never be an end in itself
Just a means to a goal
Because if you’re living for money itself
How much will it damage your soul
Is there really nothing else more important
Than little bits of paper or plastic
Surely your imagination
Can think of something more fantastic

C

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, tell me what you think. I'm not psychic, and I want to know :)